Now, some of you might be thinking, "Hey! I still saw you posting pics on Facebook all the time!" Well, I was still posting pictures on Instagram, which I then shared on Facebook straight from the Instagram app (so I guess I wasn't off of all social media), but I wasn't updating my status, scrolling through other people's updates, etc. I really like documenting our day-to-day on Instagram. Definitely one of my favorite apps!
The break has been great, but I have missed blogging, and I have SO many awesome post ideas buzzing around in my head, that I felt like it was time to bust back into the land of the (online) living!
One of things I've been itching to share with you is this cute wreath I made. I wanted to share it before Valentine's was over!
Guess what it is made out of?!?! Two pairs of tights that no longer fit my girls and a cereal box. Pretty sweet, eh? Let's get to the tutorial, shall we?
1. Use a frisbee or any decent-sized round thing around your house to trace your circle on the cereal box.
2. Cut the legs off of the old tights.
3. Cut off the toes.
4. Cut out your circle, then cut into your circle so you have a place to feed the tights onto the wreath.
5. Feed the tights onto the wreath like you are trying to put socks on a little kid.
6. After you have all your tights pieces onto the wreath, fluff it out a little to make sure it looks good.
7. Staple the cereal box together so you have a continuous circle.
8. Fluff the tights some more so they are covering the cereal box. Add a cute ribbon at the top to hang it by. I also snapped one of the girls' hair clips on the bottom there to add a little somethin' somethin'.
And there you have it! Step back and enjoy your ridiculously easy and cheap holiday wreath. One thing I like about it is that you can use it for Valentines, Fourth of July, or Christmas! Just switch out the hair clip on the bottom and you're all set!
I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial. If you like it, then you should put a pin on it. ;)
I can't wait to share with you the other great things I have up my sleeve!
Linked to: My Favorite Finds