I don't have a lot of Easter-specific decorations, but I really wanted to make some kind of sign that would remind us of the reason for the season, without being too over the top with bunnies or eggs or whatever.
I had been pondering what phrase or scripture to put on my sign for a couple of weeks. Then, at church on Sunday a line from one of the hymns we were singing, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives", really jumped out at me. "It's perfect!", I thought. He lives. That's why we are celebrating!
A thin piece of wood
Paint for your base coat
A paint marker
How I did it:
1. Sand the piece of wood to rough it up a little & help the paint adhere.
2. Paint the board with your base coat. I ended up doing two coats.
I set the board on top of an upside-down bowl so I could paint the edges and the board wouldn't stick to the table!
3. Write your phrase on the board using a paint marker. If you are afraid of messing up you can write it in pencil first, then go over it with the paint marker. I did 2 or 3 coats with the paint marker, since the yellow was so light.
4. Draw a scallop pattern along the top and bottom edges. I'm sure you could find a pattern to trace online if you don't want to do it free hand.
5. Sand the edges to give it that "worn" look. You're done!
I LOVE how this sign turned out! It's sweet and simple, yet the words are so meaningful.
Let me know if you try this project, and send me a picture of it when you're done!
Happy Easter, everyone!
Follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest so you don't miss anything!
Might be linking up with: Craft-O-Maniac, C.R.A.F.T, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, More the Merrier Monday, Make the Scene Monday,Serendipity and Spice, Home Stories A to Z, Titus 2 Tuesday, Take It On Tuesday, The DIY Dreamer, House of Hepworths, Mom on Timeout, Pinterest Power Party, My Favorite Finds, Weekend Wonders, My Turn For Us, Fancy This Friday, Sew Crafty Angel , Friday Favorites