We watched a chick flick together last night to celebrate (Return to Me, one of our 'special' flicks. Have you seen it?! It's awesome!). But, half the movie I was busy putting together the kiddos' Valentines. Funny how things change over the years, eh?
Last night I also made some hair clips for the girls to wear today. They are SOOOO ridiculously easy. I'm not even kidding. Took me, like, 5 minutes. 10 tops.
What do you need?
2 pieces of felt in 2 different colors (I used hot pink and red.) The cheap sheets from the craft store are perfect.
Hair clips/alligator clips
Hot glue gun with glue in it (Obviously. Won't do you any good w/o the glue in it, right?!)
1. Cut 2 hearts out of a square of felt, one a little smaller than the other.
2. Glue the smaller heart to the bigger heart.
3. Glue a button in the center of the smaller heart. Wipe off the excess glue that squooshes out of the button holes.
4. Cut a scrap of felt big enough to cover the alligator clip. Clip the hair clip onto the felt scrap.
5. Squirt hot glue all over the backside of the clip & felt.
6. Press the felt and clip down onto the backside of the large heart.
That's it!! I told you it was super easy! You might even be able to whip one up before the kids get home from school!
I hope you all have a fabulous (not lame-u-lous) Valentines Day!
Linking to: SaltTree