Okay...let's do this thing!
1. For Easter we were able to get together with my brother Josh that we hadn't seen in SIX years! Last time we saw him the kiddos were 2 years-old! We were down in Baltimore visiting Hubby, and Josh moved to Baltimore a couple months ago, so it all worked out. It was fun to hang out with him. The kids officially love their Uncle Josh!
2. On Sunday night we had to rush home because I had class the next morning...or so I thought! I'd made arrangements for a friend to watch the kids while I went to class, because the kids were out of school for one more day of Spring Break. So, I took the kids to my friend's, then went over to the school, parked, and walked alllll the way to class to find the classroom door locked! I started looking around and realized there were a LOT less people on campus than normal. Doh! So dumb.
But, the kids were happy to have a play date with their friend, and it was nice for them to run around and have fun. The weather was gorgeous that day!
3. Yesterday Katelynn insisted on knowing if the Tooth Fairy was real. She was very persistent and said she wanted to know the truth, so I took her into our bedroom and told her. That, of course, led to questioning the Easter Bunny as well. I told her that they were just fun traditions, but to not tell the other two kids so they can keep having fun with it. We'll see how long that lasts.
It kind of makes me sad. It's like the end of an era. I associate all those magical creatures with a time of youth and innocence, so having the kids find out that they aren't real drives home the fact that they are growing up.
The day before I had to tell them Hogwarts isn't real either, which was a low blow. Why? Because the kids were convinced they would be starting at Hogwarts in the Fall. They were all pretty bummed when they found out it wasn't a real school!
4. The kids have been way into playing with my Mad Libs app lately. They love it, and it plays right into their silly, eight year-old hands. I just have to limit the number of times they are allowed to use "butt" or "bathroom" or "toilet". Ha ha!
When you are finished filling out a Mad Lib, it let's you take a picture to attach to the story. They always make these crazy faces for the picture! (You may have seen some of their silly pics on Instagram.)
5. Yesterday the kids had lacrosse practice. It was soooo cold! What is the deal?! It's April. for cryin' out loud! They have their first game next week. Should be interesting. I've never been to a lacrosse game before! And, Daddy will be back in time for their game. Hoorah! Can't wait!