These hair clips are SUPER easy to put together. They didn't take very much time at all, so you can still whip some of these out in time for the Fourth.
Patriotic Felt Star Hair Clips
Red, White, and Blue sheets of felt (gray optional)
Alligator Hair Clips - don't forget to use your coupon!
Buttons and/or plastic rhinestones
Needle and thread (optional)
1) Cut out 2 or 3 stars of varying sizes. You can use a stencil or template, or draw the stars freehand. We used a set of star cookie cutters and traced around them, drawing on the felt with a pen.
2) Glue the smallest star to the next size star. If you are sewing the button on, sew it to the smallest star first, then glue the smaller star onto the bigger.
3) Glue the two smallest stars onto the biggest star.
4) Flip over the stars and glue the clip onto the back. Sandwich the clip between the stars and a small piece of felt. Make sure you don't glue the clip closed! (Speaking from experience here. Ha!)
5) That's it! Enjoy your festive hair clip!
The girls got pretty creative with their clips. Emma's has lots of "bling", and Katelynn wanted to sew on her button. I love how they turned out! Such a quick and easy project!
Do you like to get all dressed up for the Fourth?
Like this project?! Then you might like our Valentine's Heart Hair Clips!